Applications for phase 3 of the Pathway Transformation Fund (PTF) will open from Monday 4 January. The fund supports NHS organisations increase adoption of the 2020/21 Rapid Uptake Products RUPs, which are:
- Lipid Management: High Intensity Statins, Ezetimibe and PCSK9 inhibitors
- Measuring fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) concentration in asthma: products NIOX VERO and NObreath
- Biologics for treating severe asthma: Reslizumab, Benralizumab, Mepolizumab and Omalizumab
The PTF can help providers overcome practical obstacles to introducing these products, such as:
- Support set-up costs such as training and accreditation of staff;
- Pathway redesign and/or business support expertise;
- Providing funding for specialist nurses and clinical staff needed to implement a new part of the procedure; and
- Covering double running costs
- Capital costs.
NHS organisations will be able to submit applications for PTF from 4 January 2021 until 12noon, 30 April 2021. Applications should be developed and submitted with the support of WMAHSN RUP lead, Tammy Holmes.