The West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN) invites you to join us on the 14th of September for our regional Pharmacy Network meeting.
The network has been developed to aid communication and share best practice across the West Midlands Region for both Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians who have a pivotal role in supporting Medicines Optimisation across the various sectors.
We hope to develop and build the network to support pharmacy teams in key areas of Quality Improvement and Medicines Safety.
The meeting will be hosted by the West Midlands Patient Safety Collaborative, as part of the West Midlands Academic Health Science Network who have been commissioned to improve the quality and safety of medicines.
Key topics / Speakers will include:
There will be an opportunity to hear from healthcare professionals who have examples of good practice in Medicines Optimisation.
- “Pharmacist-led medication reviews for older care home residents: are we delivering person-centred care?” Rachel Lewis, PhD student, SAPPHIRE research team, The University of Leicester
- “Our approach to Stopping Over Medication of People (STOMP) with a learning disability, autism or both with psychotropic medicines”, Mercedeh Fahimi-Vahid, Care Home Pharmacist, NHS Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin
- “Medicines and NHS Net Zero- Making medicine use more environmentally sustainable”, Anna Edwards, Innovation Project Manager, WMAHSN.
By attending this event you will:
- You will have the opportunity to connect with other regional pharmacy colleagues in a supportive environment.
- Share and spread good practice in Medicines Optimisation.
- Recognise regional and national priorities to support improvement in the safety of medicines.
Who should attend?
This event is for any Pharmacists or Pharmacy Technicians who deliver services to improve our population’s health outcomes from any sector, including Primary Care Networks and Community Pharmacy. Please forward this invite to any colleagues who would be interested in attending this event. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to be added to the mailing list
Accessing the session:
Registrants will receive a diary invitation with joining instructions at least 2 days ahead of the event. If you have not received your link by this point, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.