Second West Midlands Maternity and Neonatal Safety Network
27 May 2021 ∙ Online Event
This builds upon the former MatNeo Local Learning System and reflects the wider system level approach being taken during phase 2 of the national Maternity and Neonatal Safety Improvement Programme, (led by NSHE&I and delivered by regional AHSN's and Patient Safety Collaboratives).
This network aims to bring a broad group of partners/stakeholders together from across the region, to work with the common aim of improving safety and outcomes of care for mothers, babies and families. Working together at a system level across the region.
Key topics will include:
- An update relating to work and plans for the national Maternity and Neonatal Safety Improvement Programme, including plans for the early recognition and management of deterioration of women and babies.
- Co-production with women and families: a regular session for the Maternity Voices Partnership
- Smoke-free pregnancies & homes workstream: an update on progress and next steps
- Preterm births: an update on progress and next steps
- Quality improvement and innovation in practice session: a regular session of two slots for maternity and neonatal services - or other organisations to share good work. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to share any work that you or your teams have developed.
Who should attend?
West Midlands Perinatal system-level partners
- Organisations representing women and families e.g. Maternity Voices Partnership, Neonatal Voices Partnership etc.
- Midwives, obstetricians, neonatologists and neonatal nurses, student midwives, Doulas etc.
- Safety champions & Trusts' safety specialists
- LMNS's, CCGs, Local Authorities, ICS's Public Health England etc.
- Primary care, ambulance & neonatal transport services
Dates for future meetings:
TBC Tuesday 21 September 2021 - PM
Thursday 2 December 2021 - PM
Tuesday 1 March 2022 - PM
Accessing the session
Registrants will receive a link to access the session 1 week and again 1 hour before the session begins directly from Eventbrite. If you have not received your link by Friday 21st May, please contact email@example.com.
Register to attend here