The focus of this webinar will be how technology can best support vulnerable people during the lockdown.
To help with this, we have four extremely knowledgeable panellists:
- Des Holden, Medical Director, Kent Surrey and Sussex AHSN
- Dr Mike Dixon, GP and National Lead for Social Prescribing
- John Hitchin, Chief Executive of Renaisi
- Madeleine Starr MBE, Director of Business Development & Innovation, Carers UK
1.5 million people who would be particularly vulnerable if they caught COVID-19 are being shielded through isolation. This group also contains some people who have long term physical health conditions which could be worsened by a prolonged period of isolation and lack of access to a normal model of care.
The purpose of this webinar is to discuss how these people, both within the shielded 1.5 million, and also others who are not currently on the Shielded Patients List though still vulnerable, can best be supported during the pandemic.
The AHSN Network is exploring four scenarios which we are particularly interested in panellists’ views on:
- Safe reception of people admitted to residential care settings, focusing on infection control and staff, client and family needs;
- How people with dementia and their carers are responding during the crisis and can be supported to stay safe;
- How volunteer support for older and vulnerable people works in practice – how the new volunteer workforce provides such support;
- Support for isolated young people with established or emerging mental health needs.
Join us on 6 May at 10am and participate in what has all the signs of being a most interesting webinar!