Are you one of many care home staff that has never received any oral care training?
Do you want to learn how to do an oral assessment and have hands on practical session in providing effective mouth care?
Are you a care home manager and want to improve the quality of oral care for your residents?
Are you interested in reducing incidence of chest infections in your residents?
Are you a Quality Lead involved in supporting Quality Improvement in care homes?
If the answer is YES to ANY of these questions then you are invited to attend a SPACE Oral Care QI workshop
The workshop includes:
• Assessment of current knowledge and practice in oral care standards
• An introduction to Quality Improvement and how to measure improvement / impact
• How oral care and other factors contribute to chest infections
• Oral care education and practical activities in oral assessment and planning oral care
• Identifying barriers to good practice and plan solutions to overcome them
• Resources to engage residents’ families / visitors with improving oral care
• Opportunity to develop a plan to improve oral care in your care home
• Access to a range of resources to support improvements to oral care
Who should attend?
We recommend, if possible that this training is best attended in teams (including a manager, senior carer, carers & activity co-ordinator). This will help you to agree how you will pass on the information and make improvements to oral care standards in your care home.
To register your place, please click here