Join our FREE Quality Improvement 1-day workshop specifically tailored for Care Homes to improve the quality of care, reduce avoidable harm and hospital admissions from Care Homes.
This event hosted by the West Midland Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN) will provide an opportunity to learn about simple Quality Improvement tools and techniques that can be used by front line staff to improve quality of care for care home residents. The workshop has been developed following the successful SPACE (Safer Provision and Caring Excellence Programme) which resulted in participating care homes delivering significant reductions harm for care home residents. The interactive workshop offers and informative and practical guide on how to design a Quality Improvement project in a care home setting.
Who should attend?
• Care Home Managers and staff (Residential and Nursing)
• Quality Leads involved in supporting Care Homes
• CCG and Local Authority Commissioning Leads
• Any specialist Lead involved with Care Home Quality
• Any member of staff interested in learning more about Quality Improvement tools and techniques
The one-day workshop includes:
• Introduction to the SPACE QI programme
• Introduction to Quality Improvement
• The Model for Improvement and Plan Do Study Act (PDSA) cycles
• Engaging teams and aim setting
• Measurement for improvement
• Understanding Human Factors
• An opportunity to plan your QI project
• Free access to all SPACE QI resources and toolkits (Falls, Pressure Ulcers, Challenging Behaviour, Hydration, Oral care, Chest Infections, UTI’s, Recognition and Management of Deteriorating residents).
By attending this event you will:
• Discover how to apply simple QI tools and techniques to improve quality of care in your care home
• Understand how QI can be used to engage teams and improve safety culture
• Be better prepared to demonstrate evidence of QI for Quality Inspections (including CQC)
To register your place, please click here