NIHR Roadshow for Medical Technology SMEs
16 November 2017 ∙ Translation & Innovation Hub (I-HUB), White City Campus, Imperial College London, 80 Wood Lane, London W12 0BZ
Are you a medtech SME looking for funding, support or collaborators? The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) invites you to apply for a place at this roadshow specifically tailored for medtech SMEs to find out more about:
- the mission, strategic priorities and activities of the NIHR
- opportunities for SMEs via their funding programmes
- how they support SMEs in the conduct of clinical trials
- how they help SMEs to formulate research plans and find collaborators, supporting centres and facilities for R&D
- relevant contacts in the NIHR and other organisations supporting medtech SMEs, such as the Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs) and Medilink.
This is the first of a series of events that will take place across the country. Future events will be publicised on the NIHR website when the venues and dates are finalised.
This one-day event is organised with South East Health Technologies Alliance (SEHTA) and includes speakers from:
You can register for a roundtable discussion on:
- Funding by the NIHR programmes
- Setting up R&D collaborations with the NIHR Infrastructure
- Supporting SMEs in the conduct of clinical trials by the CRN.
You can register for a 1:1 session with:
- An NIHR i4i programme manager to discuss the suitability of your research plans for an NIHR programme award and ways that the NIHR can assist you with your application process
- Representatives from the NIHR Infrastructure - Biomedical Research Centres (BRCs), Diagnostic Evidence Co-operatives (DECs) and Healthcare Technology Co-operatives (HTCs)
- Representatives from the CRN.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be able to book your roundtable discussion and/or 1:1 when you register for the event. Please indicate who you would like to meet with.
Register your interest
The deadline for expressions of interest is Wednesday 1 November by 5pm. Places are limited, so book your place today via Eventbrite. You will be notified whether you have secured a place as soon as possible and no later than Friday 3 November.