How can we all make drug treatment safer?
12 October 2017 ∙ Millennium Point, Curzon Street, Birmingham B4 7XG
The Yellow Card Centre West Midlands is pleased to host a regional study day on safer drug treatment. In this session, we will explore:
- New developments in pharmacovigilance
- The use of appreciative inquiry to promote a positive drug safety culture
- Awareness of adverse reactions to herbal medicine
- The use of technology to enhance drug safety.
- Sarah Pontefract, National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Doctoral Research Fellow, Lecturer in Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics Editorial Lead, SCRIPT
- Professor Robin Ferner, Director of the West Midlands Centre for Adverse Drug Reactions
- Phil Tregunno, Signal Management Unit Manager, MHRA’s Vigilance Intelligence and Research Group, MHRA
- Professor Philip A Routledge, Clinical Professor, University of Newcastle
- Jamie Hayes, Director at the All Wales Therapeutics and Toxicology Centre
- Peter Jeffries, Patient Safety Programme Manager, West Midlands Academic Health Science Network
- Dr Alastair Williamson, Consultant Anaesthetist, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.
To view the slides from the event, click here.