Practical Solutions in New Models of Care in Respiratory
5 May 2017 ∙ Conference Room, 2nd floor, CSB Building, University Hospital, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX
Making Waves is a programme designed to utilise existing community assets, improve clinical care and support stronger patient involvement through shared decision making. The model has a focus on social inclusion, clinical engagement, patient empowerment, clinician-patient co-production, self-management, mental wellbeing, simple exercise and end of life issues, delivered in partnership with the community and voluntary sector to enable an asset-based approach that uses existing resources within a community.
Presentations at this free professional event include:
- Spreading improvement in the NHS - Professor Mark Radford, Director of Nursing Improvement, NHS England
- An Understanding of Making Waves - Dr Colin Gelder, Respiratory Consultant, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- End of Life - Rev. Simon Betteridge, Lead Chaplain and Bereavement Services Manager, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- A clinical consultant's perspective of why it works - Dr Helen Ward, Respiratory and Acute Medicine Consultant and Clinical Lead for Vertical Integration, The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
- A commissioner's perspective of why it works - Nick Blake, Head of Transformation, South Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Evaluating complexity - Dr Alan Taylor, Senior Lecturer in Leadership, Management and Service Development
- A primary care perspective - Dr James Findlay, Clinical Pathway Lead for Nene CCG and GPwSI
- The importance of self-management in COPD - Sarah Gray, Regional Development Manager, British Lung Foundation
- Managing Complexity - Paul Dodd, Programme Specialist, South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula Clinical Commissioning Group.
This workshop is available to the following healthcare professionals and organisations:
- Clinical commissioners
- NHS trusts
- Social care organisations
- Respiratory clinicians (consultants, nurses, AHPs).
Due to the nature of the workshop, this is limited to 60 delegates. To book onto the workshop, contact James by email at Making.Waves@northstaffs.nhs.uk.