Delivering Devolution – The Role of New Public Service Delivery Model
10 February 2017 ∙ Beacon Centre for the Blind, Wolverhampton Road, Dudley WV4 6AZ
This free event will explore how commissioners and providers can work together to implement the devolution agenda in areas such as health, social care and children’s services. The prize is significant: more locally tailored, joined-up and effective services. The challenge is how to deliver this in practice.
Designed for leaders, commissioners and providers of public services, this event will showcase successful new delivery models from around the country and explore a range of questions including:
- How is devolution driving public service reform (including health, social care and children's services)?
- What can we learn from the use of new delivery models to date?
- What support is available from central government to support new delivery models?
- What new financing models are available? What can we learn from the use of Social Investment Bonds so far?
- How can VCSE organisations respond to the changing commissioning landscape?
Speakers will include:
- Norman Lamb MP (invited), Chair of Mental Health Commission for the West Midlands Combined Authority
- Jonathan Lindley – Director, Office for Civil Society, Inclusive Economy Unit, Mutuals Programme
- A senior representative from the West Midlands Combined Authority
- Scott Darraugh – CEO, Social Adventures
- Ian Dodds - Deputy CEO, Achieving for Children
- Nick Temple – Deputy CEO, Social Enterprise UK
- Andrew Laird – Founder and Director, Mutual Ventures.
To book your place, go to Eventbrite.