16th Annual Abracadabra Diabetes Nursing Conference
6 May 2016 ∙ Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, Coventry Road, Birmingham B26 3QW
This free meeting for healthcare professionals, entitled "Clinical updates, challenges and controversies in diabetes: Putting practice into perspective", will provide updates on a range of topics that are relevant to everyday clinical practice, including:
- Tackling the complexities of diabetes management, including chronic kidney disease and pregnancy
- Understanding our patients' health beliefs
- The role of carbohydrates in diabetes management
- New insulins and their use in clinical practice.
CPD accreditation for this meeting has been sought from the Royal College of Nursing (RCN). To view the full programme please click here.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jana Bujanova, SpR in Diabetes and Endocrinology, Portsmouth
- Andrew Frankel, Consultant Physician and Nephrologist, London
- Kathryn Griffith, RCGP Clinical Champion for Kidney Care and GP, York
- Solomon Tesfaye, Consultant Physician and Honorary Professor of Diabetic Medicine, Sheffield
- Tom Kenny, Medical Director at Spoonful of Sugar, London
- Steve Shaw, Consultant/Specialist Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Warrington Charles Fox, Consultant Physician with a special interest in diabetes, Northampton
- Roger Gadsby, Honorary Associate Clinical Professor, Warwick Medical School, Warwick
- Julie Taplin, Diabetes Dietitian, Colchester June James, Nurse Consultant (Diabetes), Leicester.
To book a place at the meeting please click here or contact the bookings team at SB Communications Group by telephone on 020 7627 1510 or by email at email@example.com.