Implementing the best evidence for managing osteoarthritis in the primary care setting
3 March 2016 ∙ thestudio, 7 Cannon Street, Birmingham B2 5EP
This workshop aims to increase understanding of osteoarthritis (OA) as a disease and as a chronic pain syndrome. The workshop will focus on supporting self management for patients and implementing NICE guidelines on core treatments for OA.
The workshop will include:
- Making a clinical diagnosis of OA including the elements of assessment such as impact, health beliefs, concerns and expectations
- Core treatment recommendations in the NICE guidelines for OA
- A focus on activity and exercise, ways to support patients to become more active, harnessing patients’ own motivation
- Developing a plan for a model health professional consultation for patients with OA
- High quality information and resources for patients, educational opportunities for professionals.
- Dr Mark Porcheret, Senior Lecturer in General Practice and Primary Care Clinical Research Lead and Specialty Co-Lead
- Dr Vince Cooper, Senior Lecturer in General Practice
- Dr Andrew Finney, Nurse Academic.
This workshop is free to attend. Places are limited so secure your place quickly by contacting Emily Brayford on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01782 733905. For more information, read the flyer.