MPD complying with UDI regulations and eProcurement strategy for medical device labelling
21 January 2016 ∙ 4 Greenfield Crescent, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 3BE
Medilink West Midlands, in conjunction with GS1, is offering a discounted one day workshop exploring the UDI regulations for the healthcare supply chain, normally costing £399.
The Department of Health published the eProcurement strategy in May 2014. It set out a range of measures utilising GS1 standards to enable transparency and efficiency in NHS procurement to help support patient safety. This is an interactive session that gives you the opportunity to discuss the requirements and issues with your industry peers and afternoon workshops to focus on individual business requirements.
With the Department of Health eProcurement strategy and global regulations mandating the use of our standards, it is now critical that these are correctly adopted throughout the healthcare supply chain. This course will provide the foundations you need for implementation.
Course content and key topics covered
- Meeting global healthcare regulations through GS1
- Product identification at each level of the packaging hierarchy
- Barcode best practice
- Data requirements for the GUDID and NHS
- Support and resources
- Barcode workshop: bring along examples of your product to have them assessed by an expert.
Who should attend?
This event is for medical device manufacturers, particularly those trading with the NHS or in the US. This course would be suitable for those in the following roles:
- eProcurement specialists
- Customer service managers
- Supply chain managers
- Contract managers
- Purchase to pay managers
- Category managers.
By attending this course, delegates will:
- Understand how the GS1 System is improving healthcare supply chains
- Gain an awareness of what suppliers need to do to meet global regulations for pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Understand the potential of GS1 standards to cut costs and save lives
- Learn how GS1 standards are used to automate a variety of hospital use cases, including recalls, surgical instrument tracking and inventory management
- Determine next steps for GS1 implementation.
- Member fee: £250
- Non-member fee: £350
For more information please contact Sarah Wootton on 0121 452 5630 or SarahW@MedilinkWM.co.uk. To book your place, go to the Medilink West Midlands website.