Business with Birmingham 2015
20 November 2015 ∙ Great Hall, Aston Webb Building, University of Birmingham, B15 2TT
Attend this free event and find out how, by working together, universities and industry can boost innovation and productivity to stimulate business growth. The University of Birmingham business engagement team and researchers will be on hand to discuss how you can access their expertise.
The team is delighted to welcome you to spend a day on campus to hear about the leading research being undertaken at the university, meet the academics leading it, see the fantastic facilities and understand how it can all be applied directly to benefit your business.
At this one-off event you will:
- Learn about opportunities for collaboration, and how easy it is
- Understand the benefits of R&D collaborations
- Hear from businesses who have formed successful collaborations, accessed funding, and the impact they have had
- Network and share best practice with like-minded business leaders, researchers and policy officers
- Access funding for innovation advice from the team of business professionals.
- Tim Dafforn, Chief Scientific Adviser at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- David Jakubovic, Director Open Innovation Europe, Middle East, Africa, Procter & Gamble
- Michael Mychajluk, Supply Chain and Engagement Manager, Jaguar Land Rover
- Tom Crabbe, Head of External Solutions, UCB Pharma
- Demelza Farrer, UK University Programs Manager, IBM
- Andy Argyle, Partner, KPMG
- Sharon Redrobe, CEO, Twycross Zoo
- Gregory Hall, Managing Director, Fusion Innovations
The winners of the first Business with Birmingham Awards will also be announced at the event. Awards are available for :
- Best business collaboration with the University
- Most innovative high-growth innovative SME
- Company that demonstrates the best collaborative R&D across their supply chain.
For details on the awards, and how to enter, please contact Luke Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see the programme and register for the event, click here.