Celebrating multidisciplinary research in the NHS: Generating evidence for best care
18 May 2018 ∙ Education Centre, 1st Floor, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH
Would you like to hear about research led by non-medical staff and multidisciplinary teams? Are you a clinician or a manager who wants to know more about the opportunities available to integrate research in a clinical career? Would you like to engage with thought leaders in the field of clinical academic careers? Would you like to submit your research and present a poster?
If the answer is yes to any or all of these questions, you are invited to the Midlands and East of England 2nd Annual Celebration of evidence for best care.
- Opportunities for patient and public involvement and engagement in research
- Vision from the Department of Health: 10 Years on for non-medical NHS staff
- How do we make clinical academic careers more inclusive?
- How do you build a career in research and maintain success?
- Embedding clinical academic careers within the NHS
- A showcase of five abstracts selected for oral presentation, illustrating non-medical led or multidisciplinary research with patient benefit.
There are three concurrent workshops to choose from:
- Creative solutions to support clinical academic careers within the NHS (for managers)
- Getting started in your clinical academic career (for entry level researchers)
- Post-doctoral research and clinical lectureships: a work in progress (for post-doc researchers).
Register your place here.
Call for abstracts
Submissions of abstracts for poster and oral presentations are invited. Please refer to the guidance sheet and use the abstract submission form. Submit your abstracts to email@example.com by 9 March 2018 at 5pm.